We offer both group and private training in self-defense using Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) and Thai Boxing techniques. We also incorporate elements of wrestling and western boxing into our curriculum.
- Our Kids Self-Defense Program is intended for children age 4-12. Our program provides kids with a sense of self-confidence and self-worth, improved self-esteem, problem solving skills, physical fitness, improved focus and discipline, and allows them to practice respect.
- Our program is designed to provide kids with the tools they need to avoid, prevent and address conflict. We emphasize the use of non-violent conflict resolution, while giving your child the tools that they need to feel confident in any situation.
- Unlike a traditional martial arts school, where your child may leave with a false sense of their capabilities in a real situation, our training methods are based on the functional and reality based arts of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Thai Boxing.
- We seek to give your child the confidence, focus and character development that they need in order to excel in every aspect of their lives.
- Our Adult Self-Defense classes contain a mix of both Thai boxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu so you can get the best of both arts!
- Each class focuses on teaching the proper technique and mechanics involved with strikes used in Thai Boxing (striking with the hands and feet as well as elbows and knees). We also incorporate the fundamental movements and techniques of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu so that you will begin to understand the value of knowing what to do when a confrontation hits the ground.
- All of this is blended into a unique format and rigorous workout that will challenge you to be your best!
S3 FIT PROGRAM
S3 Fit is an MMA-inspired fitness conditioning system named after our Self-Secure System (S3) Framework. The S3 Framework is centered on the belief that we need to perform activities that develop security and confidence in our capabilities in order to defend ourselves should the need arise. Fitness is an essential ingredient in this framework’s success. When we take care of our bodies and minds, we are less likely to perform activities that will conflict with these goals. That is where S3 Fit comes in.
S3 Fit takes cardio kickboxing and “kicks” it up several notches. We include exercises and drills that are part of various martial art styles that will have you using your entire body.
This is an AMAZING workout designed to work you from head to toe, inside and out! You have the dual benefit of being introduced to many of the basics movements of Self-Defense that we teach in detail in our Self-Defense curriculum. Each workout is a unique combination of these drills that are basic enough for anyone to learn and follow and challenging enough for even the most elite athlete. Learning new skills while getting a GREAT workout is what this program is all about!
STRENGTH TRAINING and CONDITIONING PROGRAMS
We offer group and custom training programs and classes in strength training and conditioning.
Group Training: Strength Training 101
The Strength Training 101 program is an educational program designed to introduce many of the fundamental concepts of strength training to new and intermediate weight training practitioners. Ideal for youth and young adults involved with sports to build a fundamental knowledge base, but beneficial for anyone looking to get the most out of the workouts they perform. This is also an accelerator for those wishing to learn about strength training prior to engaging in a training program.
Basic concepts included with this education include:
- The concepts of Progressive overload.
- The KISS principle.
- “Working out” versus “training”.
- Developing discipline over motivation.
- Taking the long-term view of your health and strength training.
- Nutrition* and macro-nutrient profiles.
- Recuperation, recovery, and rest.
- The 3 Types of muscular contraction (concentric, eccentric, and isometric).
- The difference between body weight, barbell, dumbbell, kettle-bell, and other odd object implements.
Each week focuses on a different topic. Once you complete the program you should have a sufficient base with which to begin a more tailored personal training program.
Group Training: General Physical Preparedness (GPP)
General physical preparedness (GPP) is a foundation of athletic training that is intended to provide balanced physical conditioning in endurance, strength, speed, flexibility and other basic factors of fitness. It can be considered all-around fitness.
GPP originates from translations of Russian texts on physical training. In the Russian systems coaches and trainers discovered value in paying attention to an athlete’s GPP – his or her ability to perform all different types of tasks, to do lots of work and recover quickly. They would first develop GPP – a general level of physical conditioning – upon which to build sport specific skills, or Specific Physical Preparedness (SPP).
Our program, DRILLSKILL, focuses on developing the movement patterns and mechanics in drill format for 12 areas to develop GPP:
- Fundamental Athletic drills: Movements include Sprinting, Jumping, Throwing, and Balancing.
- Strength Athlete drills: Movements include Pushing, Pulling, Hoisting, Carrying, Flipping, Dragging, Lifting, and Swinging.
For our sport-specific practitioners, additional application of SPP drills are used. Our program current focuses on Combat Athlete drills, including the movements of Grappling, Clinching, Slamming, Takedowns, Ground and Pound, and Striking.
Read more about DRILLSKILL here.
Custom Personal Training